Discover the difference at Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group.
Help us deliver exceptional medical care.
Join a medical staff whose teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect provide patients and families the highest quality advanced care together with the latest technology, education and the hope they deserve.
At Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group, you will discover an environment that emphasizes innovation and a commitment to excellence, a partnership with a large academic center and the region's largest network of skilled primary care physicians and specialists. Become a member of a medical staff where your experience and passion for delivering quality health care make a difference for patients and their families.
Current physician opportunities include:
- Gastroenterologist – we have an opportunity for a full-time gastroenterolgist to join Columbia Gastroenterology Associates.
- Internal and Family Medicine physicians – outpatient opportunities are available within our existing practices. Full-time, part-time, and PRN positions are available. For specific location information, please contact us.
- OB/GYN physicians
- We are recruiting three BC/BE General OB/GYN physicians to meet the needs of our expanding programs. Our academic clinicians practice primarily at the Palmetto Health Richland campus. The Generalist position will have a wide range of clinical practice and be involved in the clinical education of residents. They are supported by two full-time Laborists who cover the majority of calls. Our Generalist average 1:6 call rotation for a partial weekend. Urogynecology and genetic counseling are offered by the department. Physicians who are interested in being Associate Program Directors are encouraged to apply.
- Women Physicians Associates is seeking an additional physician who is board certified/board eligible to join an established all-female OB/GYN practice.
- Pediatric Ophthalmologist – we're currently seeking a board-certified pediatric ophthalmologist. Some experience required.
- Psychiatry – our Hospitalists in Psychiatry group consists of four board-certified psychiatrists and one board-certified nurse practitioner. We are currently looking to fill two physician vacancies and are also accepting moonlighters.
- Pulmonologists – Palmetto Pulmonary, located on the Palmetto Health Baptist and Palmetto Health Baptist Parkridge campuses, is seeking a full-time, part-time, or PRN physician.
Submit a CV »
For more information, please email PhysicianOpportunities@PalmettoHealth.org.
We employ physicians in many different capacities and specialties, including our physician practice network as well as geriatric services and psych intensivists. Our practice locations provide excellent patient-centered care for the Midlands of South Carolina. Our network currently includes over 80 physician practices, including primary care and varying specialties. We currently employ more than 500 physicians who are exemplary of the quality services provided by the Palmetto Health and the University of South Carolina.
Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group continues to expand, seeking providers who are qualified, residency trained and board certified/eligible. We are one of the largest health care systems in South Carolina and are consistently ranked among Modern Healthcare's Top 100 Best Places to Work. Our organization is committed to growing and developing its employees to reach their highest potential. We are able to offer employed physicians a competitive base salary, opportunity for bonuses and excellent benefit and retirement packages as well as CME and relocation allowances. Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about physician opportunities at Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group, please email PhysicianOpportunities@PalmettoHealth.org.
Download our physician recruitment brochure here (pdf).